Covid Update – Club’s Position
As you are all aware the week has been challenging in relation to Covid and the impact on all of us.
It is the Board’s intention to support our members by trying to get the Club back to normal as much as possible and as soon as possible, whilst staying in line with relevant government requirements.
Find below the Club’s updated position plus a link to information provided by Surf Life Saving WA:
- Patrols will be run as normal on the weekend, apart from Abalone patrol which is cancelled on Saturday 6 February
- This Sunday’s Club and Nipper day is unfortunately cancelled (we cannot run a formal club event as there will be more than 150 people)
- Members will have access to the gym and their equipment again but members must follow government requirements around mask wearing and cleaning
- Small group training sessions can be run in line with government requirements – please refer to your relevant coaches
- State nipper qualifiers will be on Sunday 14 February, with a revised program (Saturday 13 February cancelled). Please refer to your age group managers for more details
- Education programs will run as planned
- Bar will be closed tonight and this Sunday night
- Bar will reopen next Friday 12 February as per normal trading arrangements based on 4 sqm rule and seated service only. Come along and enjoy our new refurbished outdoor area on the balcony
- Chase the Ace is postponed until further notice
- The Office will be open as per normal opening hours
- The Surf Shop will open Friday 12 February with limited access due to space restrictions.
Further updates on the Club’s changing of these restrictions will be made next week on further government advice.
Thank you for your understanding.
Craig Bull on behalf of the Board of Directors
Click here to read the message from SLSWA
Potential exposure – no risk – good news
(2 February 2021)
Update on potential member Covid exposure – Good news – No risk
Some really good news this morning. Our Club member who was in the area of the person who has been impacted by Covid, has been tested and the results have come back negative.
Our member is now safe and there is no risk to Club members from this event.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. These are new times for all of us.