Are your awards up to date?
Surf life saving club members are now able to personally check their membership details, awards and patrol hours online. It is expected that members will regularly monitor their own records and take appropriate steps in good time to ensure the records are current, and awards remain up to date. To do this, follow the steps below:
Create an account:
- Go to www.lifesavingonline.com.au
- You will be prompted to either Create an Account, Activate an Account or Log-In and Enjoy.
- Click on Create Account and follow the prompts. You will be presented with a questionnaire, which you need to complete and submit.
- You will receive an e-mail/SMS requesting you to activate your account. Follow the link in that communication to activate your account. You will only need to do this once.
You have now created your account. All future visits to the site require you to Log-In using your User Name and Password. You may choose to save this.
Already have an account?
When you log in you will have a range of choices. Options are shown in the top of the screen in the banner line:
This is the screen you see when you log-in.
- My Memberships
- Membership view/renewal – This screen shows all the surf lifesaving clubs/organisations of which you are a member. Most people will belong to one Surf Life Saving club.
- Join/transfer to a new organisation
This allows you to start the joining/transfer process on-line.
- My courses
This page provides a link to SLSA’s E-learning system. You start by selecting the state (WA). Current choices are:
- Lifesaving Education (Introduction to Search and Rescue) – this is a pre-requisite for the Silver Medallion Beach Management course (Patrol Captains’ course).
- Member Development – Age Manager’s Course.
- My awards
This is a very important area for every club member. It is here that you can check which awards are registered in SurfGuard, as well as their expiry dates – where these apply.
- Most SLSA awards are valid for 12 months, and generally expire on 31 December of the year. Apply First Aid is valid for three years, BUT the resuscitation component must be renewed annually. Trainer, Assessor and Facilitator awards are generally valid for TWO years – but Trainers/Assessors/Facilitators are required to attend an annual update and be active in the award to remain current.
- Awards which have expiry dates that have passed will be shown in red – timely attention to maintaining currency will avoid this!
- Any queries can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skills Maintenance (formerly requalification) dates for all awards are advertised regularly via club e-mail, and also appear in the club Calendar
- Members who have any difficulty attending scheduled Skills Maintenance sessions should advise via email the Manager of Education a.s.a.p. While reasonable measures will be taken – members should appreciate that Trainers and Assessors are also volunteering their time.
6. My Patrols
This is an important area for all patrolling members, including award holders who provide patrol services, such as Apply First Aid qualified people. Water Safety hours are also recorded in this area.
- It is important each member regularly checks these records to ensure they are accurate.
- Please email the Manager of Lifesaving for further information.
7. Personal Details
This is the area where you update your personal details, including phone number/s, e-mails and the like
An area to make requests
9. On-Line Payments
Don’t forget to do this