If you’re thinking of introducing your child to surf life saving, then nippers is the best place to do so. Mullaloo nippers is open to children from the age of 6 through to 13 years old. The nippers program runs from October to March on Sunday mornings from 9am to 11am. View the calendar for what is on and coming up.
Surf life saving is an amazing activity for growing a child’s confidence, knowledge and skills in the beach environment. Not only will your child have fun and meet new friends they will become part of an iconic organisation that has served the Australian community for over 100 years.
Objectives for Junior Development
- To provide the best possible lifesaving experience for all juniors with the view to encouraging long-term active participation.
- To provide opportunities for juniors to participate in and enjoy lifesaving and competition in an aquatic environment by offering a wide variety of activities suited to the skill and maturation levels of all juniors.
- To ensure the juniors are safe on Australia’s beaches through the provision of surf safety education programs.
- To develop a team based philosophy encompassing leadership, camaraderie, teamwork, and fun.
- To promote social, emotional and physical growth and development in a healthy and safe environment.